Update: Filling you in on my dreams and goals!

01:52

I have left this blog very much redundant (which I regret) and will try to post more things.
Quite frankly I lost time to model when I got back to University, we had so many projects on at once I've been in the library until 4am in the morning and got up at 7am the next day for hand ins at 9am.
I have had enough of uni already, part of me wants to sack it off as it seems like it's more bother than it is worth!
But then I think I need a day job and as much as I love pin up, I can't devote myself full time as it wouldn't pay the bills. I have to think literally about life and if it does begin to become more of a career then I will take it up completely.
I would love burlesque to be my full time career, but something was stopping me for so long: the worry of what others will think. Mainly my family, I can't bear to imagine what they would go through to know their daughter stripped on stage. But to me burlesque isn't a dirty act at all! It's a tease, but it's all about dancing and the beauty of the female form. When I watch burlesque stars I have so much admiration! Burlesque ties in all my dreams of pin-up and glamour into one beautiful act, and I think I am almost ready to put together my own act.
As well as thinking literally about picking up burlesque as another hobby, some of you may already know I have been working really hard on my fitness! I bang on about it on my facebook but I have been way too chicken to post any photos of my stomach and legs just incase I don't lose any weight at all and then i'll have some raw photos on the internet or something.. but I have lost weight. Almost half a stone, so far, without really trying that much.

During deadlines I lost pounds very easilly, with walking around a lot and barely going home to eat, I had to rely  on what I bought and I tried not to spend too much out which resulted in losing weight.

Before deadlines I was hitting the gym and I found out I really love doing Yoga.

I have tried Pilates a couple of times before, but Yoga makes me feel very connected to my soul and I feel stronger as a woman after the sessions. I have been going through a tough time with friendships crumbling at my feet and feeling very alone for a few months, so taking up Yoga gave me a real focus and the relaxation sessions at the end made me feel much more relaxed!

If there is one thing I have learnt this year, it is to try not to rely on other people so much and to be strong and independant! Love yourself and look after yourself and your health, be it fitness or mental health.

Sometimes you have to do something for yourself and make a change in order to be a happier person, and that is what i'm doing now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter